The Waiting Room 2 is the latest version of Microtest’s highly successful module, which allows patients to book their own appointments at published clinics, without any interaction from practice staff. Using this online system they can choose to see a specific GP, book an appointment with whoever is available at their preferred time and it also enables them to view aspects of their coded GP record.
This improved module brings significant benefits for patients and surgeries:
- Allows patients to log in securely and request medication items that are available to them.
- Gives them a simple list of their drugs with check boxes to make the process simple for repeat prescriptions.
- Gives patients access to a greater range of information, including a full medication history, immunisation records and their detailed coded record.
- Has enhanced appointment management functionality.
- Allows patients and carers to take a more active role in patient care.
- Simple and intuitive to use.
For GP practices:
- Reduces Reception time and back office workload.
- Has an optional messaging service available.
- Enables GPs to meet their NHSe contractual obligation regarding online access to services.
- Completely configurable.
Download the Waiting Room 2 e-leaflet here.
Need help registering for The Waiting Room 2? Download this handy guide.
You can also download the Identity Verification Guidance document from the Royal College of General Practitioners (RCGP) here.