An innovative web-based tool designed to ‘match make’ GP practices and GP locums.
Locum Wizard saves surgeries time and allows them to streamline the process of identifying and booking the locum staff they need.
For locums, Locum Wizard offers a simple route to identify suitable contracts, which match their needs and experience.
Locum Wizard has been designed and developed by Microtest, one of the UK’s leading providers of clinical software for GPs. It can be branded for your federation or local organisation.
Both practices and locum GPs benefit from a range of in-built features. All relevant records and background details for both the practices and the locum are just a click away – saving valuable research and administrative time.
- Clear single page profile on each surgery.
- Shows practice session requirements (this can be easily tailored).
- Clear single page profile on each locum GP, including training details, experience, skills, commuting radius and copies of all up to date qualification and insurance documents.
- Notification system for expiry of insurances and qualifications (enabling refresher training to be arranged for groups of locums).
- Search facility to find locum GPs with certain skills and availability on certain days.
- Allows locum to publish their future availability.
- Easy to use ‘book’ facility to set up locum bookings.
- Induction information about the surgery for the locum GP.
- Automated invoicing.
- Automated completion of pension forms for locum GPs .
- Reporting on booking rates by locum GP, by practice, CPD requirements, expiring insurances or qualifications etc.
- Feedback rating system (on locum GP and on practice).
- Messaging system across community.
- Password protected access for surgeries and locum GPs.
“We are very excited about Locum Wizard. We believe this will enable a step change and streamline the efficiency with which GP practices can find the quality locum staff they need. Locum Wizard is about harnessing the skills of a wide and varied locum workforce, providing a focus of community, of governance and support, and helping to sustain primary care. Ultimately, this will save practices time and money, as well as ensure the best possible patient care.”
Dr Chris Ireland, Kernow Health CIC
Download the Locum Wizard e-leaflet here.